There area unit some vital security updates area unit through with the OpenVPN version a pair of.4 compared with 2.3. therefore if you're victimisation the previous version, you'll be able to upgrade it to 2.4 by keeping this configurations as well as the files, certificates, and alternative settings.
How to Upgrade OpenVPN version 2.3 to 2.4 on Debian or Ubuntu
Here i'm providing the steps to try to to the upgrade:
- Backup the current configuration files for safety.
- Check the current version using the command:# openvpn --version
- Import the public GPG key that is used to sign the packages:# wget -O - https://swupdate.openvpn.net/repos/repo-public.gpg|apt-key add -
- Create a new source list to find the updated OpenVPN packages:# echo "deb http://build.openvpn.net/debian/openvpn/<version> <osrelease> main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openvpn-aptrepo.list
Where the <version> can be one of the following:
stable: stable releases only - no alphas, betas or RCs
testing: latest releases, including alphas/betas/RCs
release/2.3: OpenVPN 2.3 releases
release/2.4: OpenVPN 2.4 releases, including alphas/betas/RCs
Replace <osrelease> with the required one from the above list.
The area <osrelease> depends your distribution:
You can check it from your OS and use the appropriate one.
Eg: # echo "deb http://build.openvpn.net/debian/openvpn/stable jessie main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openvpn-aptrepo.list
5. Run an update.# apt-get update
6. The upgrade the OpenVPN package:# apt-get --only-upgrade install openvpn7. Once the upgrade is done, please verify the new version and also check if the old configurations are still there.
- openvpn update
- 0 Users Found This Useful
The most common reason for a web-site to be down can be separated on few major categories. The...
Yes and no. Unfortunately, the succes of a Denial-of-Service attack is largely dependent on the...
No, as many aspects of this are, to a large degree, far beyond our control. For example, your IT...
Windows hosting and Linux Hosting Packages operate on different operating systems. Although...
You are responsible for your backups and web content. We create our own weekly backups on the...